Sleepovers are a magical time for young girls. It is a time to stay up, watch movies and swap stories with pals.
However, for Anna Kenneally that tender moment was pulled away from her and her good friend when they spotted that a fire had broken out in their home.
They quickly woke up Anna’s parents Derek and Deirdre, and brothers, Eoin and Oisin. The family were taken out of the house and the dog out of the garage to safety.
Unfortunately, the fire spread from the garage to their home and within a matter of seconds the house had burnt down. They were left only with the clothes on their back as the rest of their belongings had been destroyed in the blaze.
The Irish Times reported that fire investigators told the couple that a water pump in the shed was the source of the fire.
The family have since learned that the house insurance had lapsed and were left unsure where to go next.
The Mulinavat GAA and Camogie Clubs took matters into their own hands and set up a GoFundMe page to raise funds for the family.
“We know the family have been blown away by the help and support they have received over the past few days from neighbours and friends. These offers of help and support spurred us to set up this page in the hope they can start to rebuild their lives,” they wrote.
You can learn more about the fundraiser here.