ONLINE/PHONE COMPETITION ENTRIES
- Entry is open to residents of ROI and NI. Employees and their immediate families of the promoter and agencies associated with any promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including entrants’ identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry or who tampers with the entry process. Failure of the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or inaudible entries will be deemed invalid.
- For text comps, messages cost 60c per SMS, network charges may vary. Residents of Northern Ireland, messages cost 50p per SMS, network charges may vary. All entrants must be over 18. Service provider: SP Phonovation LTD. Helpline 0818 217 100 (ROI) or 08700 600 22 (NI).
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the promoter (including its offices, employees and agents) excludes all liabilities (including negligence) for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way from any of our promotions.
- In entering any competition or promotion run by the promoter, the entrant warrants that they have the required permissions to provide any material, be in it text, photographic, video or any other format, which is provided as part of their entry. If personal data pertaining to any third party is provided as part of the competition or promotion entry, the entrant warrants that they have obtained permission from the data subject for such data to be provided to the promoter. The promoter accepts no responsibility for a breach of any party’s data protection, intellectual property or any other rights arising out of the supply of material for a competition or promotion entry.
- All entries become the property of the promoter. The promoter is VIP Magazine, VIP Publishing, 1st Floor, Cunningham House, 130 Francis Street, Dublin 8.
- We do not disclose winners’ details for privacy reasons.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, VIP and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages (or images, video, tutorials or any other materials) from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without VIP’s express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without VIP’s express written consent.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to VIP a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to VIP the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or KISS or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
VIP reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on VIP servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding VIP’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, VIP does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. VIP makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, VIP does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, professional advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
VIP will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- [to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;]
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if VIP has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit VIP’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by VIP’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of VIP; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for VIP to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify VIP and undertake to keep VIP indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by VIP to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of VIP’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by VIP arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to VIP’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, VIP may take such action as VIP deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
VIP may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
VIP may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with VIP’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and VIP in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the [non-]exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.