Niall Horan insists One Direction are not splitting up and says they ”still have lots to achieve” even though they will be taking a well earned break at some point next year.
The 21-year-old singer took to Twitter to address recent rumours he and his bandmates, Harry Styles, 21, Liam Payne, 21, and Louis Tomlinson, 23, have decided to take an extended hiatus to focus on individual projects.
Addressing fans for the first time, he said: ”Ok so lots of rumours going round. We are not splitting up, but we will be taking a well earned break.” It comes after reports that the pop stars are set to go their separate ways in March.
In a series of tweets, Niall, 21, told his 23 million Twitter followers:
Ok so Lots of rumours going round. We are not splitting up, but we will be taking a well earned break at some point next year
— Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) August 24, 2015
Don’t worry though, we still have lots we want to achieve ! Can’t wait for you to hear all the new music we have for you and to perform — Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) August 24, 2015
The other 1D lads told fans on Twitter they will just be taking a “break”.
Father-to-be Louis also tweeted, thanking fans:
Your support is truly indescribable! It’s just a break 🙂 we’re not going anywhere !! — Louis Tomlinson (@Louis_Tomlinson) August 24, 2015
Promise — Louis Tomlinson (@Louis_Tomlinson) August 24, 2015
Don’t worry — Louis Tomlinson (@Louis_Tomlinson) August 24, 2015
Liam later took to Twitter to add his own response.
So glad everything has been cleared up today and ur support with it is amazing not that we could ever expect anything less your amazing — Liam (@Real_Liam_Payne) August 25, 2015
Can’t wait to put more time into everything we do and coming out with something great — Liam (@Real_Liam_Payne) August 25, 2015
Thank you so much for everything you have done for us it’s been the most amazing five years and there’s so much more to come
— Liam (@Real_Liam_Payne) August 25, 2015
Reports about the X Factor creation’s longevity sparked a scramble for tickets to what fans feared may be One Direction’s final concert. Some sources added the break had been on the cards “with or without Zayn” Malik, who left the group in March. It is believed the break and the decision not to tour was rubber-stamped in a meeting in London last weekend.
Sources close to the band have stressed that ”It is definitely not a splitand they fully intend to get back together at some time in the future. But for now it is the end and they go out on top as the world’s most popular music act.”
On the back of the announcement main man Louis Walsh tips Niall Horan for huge success after boyband split. He is sure after the break the Mullingar singer will be the life and solo of the party!
The pop guru is tipping his fellow Irishman to enjoy a successful solo career. Louis told the Star: “I think Niall will get a record deal and he will be very successful- I think he will surprise everybody!”.
The band are currently in the middle of a world tour, which will include three shows in Dublin on October 16,17 and 18. The news means that it will be some time before Irish fans will see the 1D lads on stage again.