Louis Walsh has spoken out about his experience getting sacked from The X Factor last year.
The outspoken star appeared on Saturday Night with Miriam last night where he relayed his experience of getting fired from the show he was apart of for 11 years.
Miriam asked Louis, “Were you annoyed when you weren’t on the last season?”
The Irish star retorted saying, “You mean when I was sacked? I was sacked. They just told me not to come back.
Initially I was annoyed and then I was really happy that it didn’t work without me. I’ll be honest with you.”
The talent judge holds no grudge against pal Simon Cowell for his sacking and admits that when he was asked back for this years show he was more than delighted to return despite having to turn down another lucrative job offer.
He told Miriam, “I was offered £1 million for I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, but I couldn’t do it. Then Simon rang me up, he’s the campest man you’ve ever seen, and said ‘don’t do the show darling, I have another show for you’. And that’s when I knew I was back on X Factor.
“I trust him one hundred per cent, even though he sacked me twice. It’s all about ratings for him, it’s not personal. ITV wanted to make the show younger but it didn’t work.”
We’re delighted he’s returned to the show and can’t wait to see him back on the small screen with Simon!