The colder nights are rolling in.
And there’s only one thing that we can think of that makes them better – hot chocolate.
Why not add some Baileys to your hot chocolate and make this perfect cocktail!
Oisín Davis, the mind behind Irish Kitchen Cocktails, has shared some of his recipes with us.
- 150ml milk
- 1 teaspoon premium hot chocolate powder
- 50ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 2 tablespoons lightly whipped cream (or use the aerosol stuff if you want)
- freshly grated nutmeg, to garnish
- dark chocolate, to garnish
- mini marshmallows or sprinkles, to garnish
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan on a medium heat.
- When it starts to steam, add the hot chocolate powder and stir it up.
- Bring it almost to a boil before adding the Baileys, then pour it all into a large glass mug.
- Spoon the whipped cream on top before grating over the nutmeg and dark chocolate, then carefully adding the marshmallows or sprinkles.
Irish Kitchen Cocktails by Oisín Davis is published by Nine Bean Rows (€18)