Penneys have removed a festive Christmas tree candle from shelves and has launched a safety investigation after the product caught fire in a young mothers home.
The candle, which costs just €6, was bought in a UK Primark store, and caught fire shortly after it was lit.
Facebook user Jenny Ferneyhough wrote: “I am concerned that it poses a risk to the safety of anyone who owns one, and I have emailed Primark suggesting they recall them.
“In the meantime, I would be grateful if we could spread the word so that no one is put at risk by this.”
Although no one was harmed by the scary situation, Jenny told The Metro that “Christmas could have been ruined in an instant.
Penneys has now said that they are investigating the matter.
“We take the safety of our customers and quality of our products very seriously,” a Primark spokesperson told OK! Online.
“We are removing the product from sale while we investigate this complaint as a matter of urgency.”