Maura Derrane is warning followers after suffering a mysterious insect bite.
The TV presenter took to social media, sharing a picture of her leg which was swollen, red, and painfully after she was bitten by ,what she believes to be, a spider.
“This is my leg five days after getting, what the Doctor thinks is an insect bite. I now think it may be a spider bite.”
“I noticed a red mark last Tuesday morning but thought little of it. By the time I went to work on Wednesday, my leg had literally blown up,” she began.
With her leg in such a severe state, Maura headed to the doctor.
As the Galway native shared: “Thankfully @dr.doireannoleary took a look at it, and put me on an antibiotic immediately. But even with the antibiotic, the wound is still really sore and painful, and as you can see it’s not very attractive!!”
Maura then issued some advice to fans, urging them to take insect bites seriously this summer.
“I just want to warn everyone out there not to ignore an insect bite as it can become really serious very quickly, especially a spider bite,” she cautioned.
Here’s wishing her a speedy recovery!