Nadine Coyle has revealed she had to flee her LA home after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning, but only realised something was wrong after she became incredibly sick.
The singer admitted she was terrified when they mysterious illness took over her, as she started suffering from chest pains and memory loss.
Speaking on Good Morning Britain she said, “I was renting a house in LA, you don’t really notice it. You’re like, ‘I’m really tired, is it with all the flying around, is it jet lag, am I getting sick, why am I so tired all the time?’”
“Then you would forget simple things. We couldn’t remember the word for table. And there were the chest pains. I felt like I couldn’t breathe.”
The Girls Aloud star revealed that when the she sought medical advice, she was initially told nothing was wrong.
“So I went to the doctors and I thought there was something seriously wrong, and they checked for everything and said, ‘You’re fine’, and I said, ‘This doesn’t explain why I feel so bad.’
“When the blood tests came back, they said it was exposure to high levels of gas but still hadn’t said it was carbon monoxide,” she said.
The singer admitted that it was pure chance they found out the real reason for her illness as well as the source of the gas, after someone arrived at her house to check her boiler.
“It just so happened that a guy was coming over to take a look at my boiler. That’s when I was told for the first time that there were dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide in my house.
“We had to get everyone out of the house as soon as possible. Looking back, I was so lucky we got away when we did. Who knows what could have happened,” she said.
She went on to urge people to get fit carbon monoxide alarms in their home.