We’re halfway through Dry January and you may have run out of ways to drink a mineral or have become bored by zero alcohol.
Worry not because we have some dreamy mocktail recipes that you can try out at home.
We have three dreamy recipes to try out.
- 25ml Orange Juice
- 20ml Lemon Juice
- 10ml Fig Syrup
- Red Bull Pomegranate
- Add the OJ, lemon juice and fig syrup to a wine glass, fill with ice and stir for 15-20 seconds to mix and chill.
- Top with Red Bull Pomegranate (approx 100ml) and stir briefly to mix.
- Garnish with orange zest and rosemary sprigs.
To Make the Fig Syrup:
- Add 500ml water, 350g white sugar and a 10 dried figs, roughly chopped to a pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Strain through a sieve to remove the figs.
- Bottle and refrigerate.
Lime and mint sodas
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 8 limes, quartered
- 1/2 cup lime cordial
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1.25 litres soda water, chilled
- Place mint and lime in a large jug. Using the end of a rolling pin, carefully pound until limes are crushed and juiced. Add cordial and ice. Stir to combine.
- Top with soda water.
Spicy Grapefruit Ginger Fizz
- Grapefruit juice
- Ginger ale
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Mint
- Add the grapefruit juice, lime juice and mint into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well!
- Pour the mixture into a glass.
- Strain the grapefruit juice mixture over the ice.
- Top with the ginger beer and briefly stir to combine.
- Garnish with mint!
Relax and enjoy.