Dermot O’Leary’s highly anticipated return of to the X-Factor could be under threat at the moment, as he has fallen ill the day before the auditions are due to start in Leicester.
The much loved host has a severe case of food poisoning, and there are fears that Dermot will be unable to resume his hosting duties.
According to the Irish Sun, a source said that Dermot must be quite unwell, as he is a “regular guest” of the Glamour Women of the Year Awards but didn’t attend the lavish event on Tuesday night. They said, “his absence proved how ill he is.”
It still remains unclear whether he will be able to host at the Leicester City’s King Power stadium tomorrow.
“He was supposed to be at the auditions but it’s touch and go whether he will be well enough,” the source said.
Not only is Dermot unwell, but X-Factor creator and judge Simon Cowell is also on bed rest while struggling to recover from a flu. He was forced to pull out of his own Together for Short Lives charity ball last week due to his illness.
We’ll have to wait and see what happens, but let’s hope the singing competition hasn’t hit a bum note before it’s even started!
We wish them both a speedy recovery.