School’s almost back! We’re fast approaching that time of year again, the return of school! Of course, with that comes the return of school lunches, and making sure our littles ones are tucking into food that is good for them, and that they enjoy, too.
Luckily, Aldi is here to help! Aldi ambassador Trisha Lewis shares her top tips on lunches that will keep your kids happy and healthy as they return to school, as well as quick and easy breakfast options – that you can enjoy too!
Here are some of the options that I think are amazing for fuelling up both adults and kids for a busy day!
Brooklea Skyr Icelandic Style Yogurt €0.59, topped with some fruit from Aldi’s Super 6 range weekly offers and Harvest Morn Low Sugar Granola €2.49.
Kavanagh’s Microwavable Instant Oats €1.79, with some fruit from Aldi’s Super 6 and some Foodie Market Wholenut Crunchy Peanut Butter €1.79 on top!
Healy’s Farm Organic Irish Eggs €1.99 (Boiled), Brannan’s Turkey Sausages €2.29 and some Nature’s Pick Cherry Tomatoes €0.79 to add some colour and micronutrients to the meal!
A week of school lunches at Aldi is just €6.45!
Monday: Price per lunch €1.22! You’ll need;
- Ham and Cheese Bagel
- Nature’s Pick Apple
- Brooklea Squidgy Yogurt Pouch – Raspberry flavour
- The Juice Company Orange juice smooth
Tuesday: Price per lunch €1.45! You’ll need;
- Chicken and Cheese Pitta Bread Sandwich
- The Juice Company Kids Smoothies Apple & Blackcurrant Flavour
- The Juice Company Apple Juice
Wednesday: Price per lunch €1.62! You’ll need;
- Brown Bread Turkey sandwich
- Nature’s Pick Banana
- Comeragh Irish Still Spring Water Kids
- The Juice Company Kids Smoothies Strawberry flavour
Thursday: Price per lunch €1.13! You’ll need;
- Cheese and Crackers
- Nature’s Pick Pears
- Brooklea Squidgy Pouch-Strawberry
- Comeragh Orange flavoured Water
Friday: Price per lunch €1.03! You’ll need;
- Dessert Menu Sweet Pancakes and Chocolate Spread
- Harvest Morn Chocolate Covered Corn Cakes
- Harvest Morn Yogurt & Fruit Bars Forest Fruit Bars
- Comeragh Water Kids Apple & Blackcurrant
Post- school hearty meal option – Lasagne
After a long day at school those little ones need something to help refuel!
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
- 400g Butcher’s Selection Lean Mince Beef
- Cucina Bolognese sauce
- 3 Nature’s Pick Courgettes, grated
- 200g Nature’s Pick mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 Nature’s Pick onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of Nature’s Pick Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Solesta olive oil
- Stonemill Salt and pepper
- 175g Ardagh Grated Mozzarella
- 10 Cucina Lasagne Sheets
- Cucina White Sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
2. Heat oil in a deep non-stick saucepan.
3. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes until soft and add the garlic and stir.
4. Add the mince and cook until browned.
5. Add the courgettes, spinach, and mushrooms and stir.
6. Add jar of tomato sauce, add salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Heat the white sauce in a separate pot, add the grated mozzarella cheese then
remove from heat.
8. Grease the base of a large ovenproof dish.
9. Cover the base of the dish with a layer of white sauce. Add a layer of lasagne sheets. Add some more white sauce followed by a layer of meat sauce.
10. Repeat the process and finish off with the remaining meat sauce.
16. Top with the grated mozzarella cheese and place in the oven to cook for 45 minutes and serve.