So, you’ve had a long day at work and when you finally get to leave the office, you are greeted with the lashings of rain and standstill traffic -sound familiar?
Well, if you’re anything like us here at VIP towers, the last thing you’ll want to do when you get home is make a superfood, super green, super dull salad.
Step in, Yvonne Connolly.
This model mum is the ultimate foodie and she’s putting her skills to good use on the 7 O’Clock Show on TV3. The talented cook makes the most complicated dishes look effortless, even for all of us cooking novices.
And the best thing about her recipes? They’re the ultimate comfort food! Whether you want to indulge in a sweet or savoury treat Yvonne’s recipes won’t disappoint!
We’ve tried out her goat cheese tartlet with red onion jam and we can safely say that it is perfect for a rainy day (or any other day other day of the year for that matter!)
Here’s the recipe for the mouthwatering tartlet she made on the show:
- 6 puff pastry cases
- 2 red onions,finely sliced
- 100ml balsamic vinegar
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 100g goats cheese
- 1 egg
- Side Salad
- Rocket leaves
- Cherry tomatoes,halved
- Dressing: 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 6 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp crushed fennel seed, season with salt and pepper. Mix
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.Brush the pastry cases with a little beaten egg loosened with a drop of water. Bake in oven for 10 mins.
- Place sliced onion, sugar,balsamic vinegar and thyme in a sauce pan.Bring to the boil then simmer until it reaches the consistency of runny jam.
- Place 2 tbsp of red onion jam into each puff pastry case then place a thin slice of goats cheese ( or crumble ) over this.
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for approx 5 mins to heat through.
- Sprinkle with thyme leaves and serve.