Pancake day is only around the corner, and it’s an occasion we all look forward to whether we’re young or old as who doesn’t want to have an excuse to eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner? With that in mind you want to be sure it’s an event the whole family can get involved in, no matter their dietary requirements which is why we love this vegan banana pancake recipe from Aldi.
As well as being super speedy to whip up, they’ll go down a treat with everyone in the family, vegan or otherwise!
- 1 ripe Banana (plus extra to serve)
- 50g The Foodie Market Whole Nut Crunchy Peanut Butter (plus extra to serve)
- 100g The Pantry Plain Flour
- ½ tsp The Pantry Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Specially Selected Maple Syrup
- 150ml Sweetened Acti Leaf Soya Drink
- 1 tbsp of Sunflower Oil (for cooking)
- Mash 1 banana in a bowl using a fork and then beat in 50g of peanut butter and the maple syrup.
- Add the plain flour and baking powder and then gradually add the soya drink and mix until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan, grease with a little sunflower oil and of the mixture into the pan (about 2 tablespoons per pancake).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear and then flip, cooking with a spatula for a few more minutes.
- Serve with the remaining peanut butter and fresh sliced banana.
All ingredients available at Aldi!