Hughie Maughan has accused bosses at Dancing With The Stars of trying to force him off the show prematurely. The former Big Brother star has been banned from speaking to the press ever since his fake tan incident on last Sunday’s show.
A source close to the Dubliner said that he feels he’s not getting as much promotion as other contestants on the show, namely Des Cahill, and that producers are embarrassed of him.
Speaking to the Irish Sun the source said, “Hughie thinks RTE want him eliminated from the competition so they don’t have to be embarrassed by the tan episode anymore. He thinks they are refusing him any advance publicity in the hope he gets voted off.
“Des has been the most heavily promoted dancer on Dancing With The Stars. Cameras and media are banned from the rehearsal rooms but the doors were flung open for Des to do a photoshoot. It’s just not fair.”
However, a show insider strongly disagrees with Hughie’s claims, stating that the situation is in fact the opposite. Hughie’s tan overshadowed many of the other celebs and their performances last week.
“Hughie has been absolutely everywhere. It’s not fair on the other dancers. There are 11 other celebrities taking part but the only thing people are talking about is Hughie’s tan.
“Hughie decided to do pictures himself because he doesn’t want to get left behind. Tangate might have made Dancing With the Stars famous around the world but some people aren’t happy with Hughie.
“He’s clashed with some key behind-the-scenes staff. It might be a relief for some if Hughie got voted off the show,” said the insider.
We’ll have to wait and see what this weekend’s episode has in store…