Aoibhinn McGinnity is the picture of effortless glam. At last year’s Peter Mark VIP Style Awards, the actress sported a lovely natural looking curl, which is still bang on trend.
Peter Mark‘s Creative Director Michael Doyle is the go to man for many of Ireland’s most stylish women and we sat down with him to learn how to achieve this look at home:
• Unless your hair is very oily wash it the day before as the curl will hold better. Use the new vegan range from Pureology. Michael suggests using the Hydrate shampoo if the hair is longer. This shampoo contains 100% natural ingredients, it’s non abrasive and leaves the scalp and hair in peak condition.
• Spray in Pureology Colour Fantastic before styling. This protects the hair and colour from heat.
• Blast dry the hair dry. This will give it a more natural look.
• Using a curling wand or heated rollers, separate the hair and roll up from the bottom to the temple area. Do not bring it up to the root.
• The avoid Shirley Temple curls the secret is to use a good paddle brush and give the hair a good shake out after
• To fix the curl spray in Redken Pure Force Strong Hold Spray. This has great hold without the lacquered look.
If you are doing your hair earlier in the day before heading out pin up the curl with silver pins and just shake them out before you hit the red carpet.
Michael works by the KISS rule ie keep it simple, stupid. Don’t overdo it and always remember keep it glossy, not flossy!
Check out the full gallery of products used, which can all be found in Peter Mark salons, as well as at www.petermark.ie: